Rockland Car Accident Lawyer
Too often, auto accidents leave drivers and passengers with lasting harm and costly expenses. Regardless of who is at fault for your recent incident, Gilbert Law Offices, P.C. is here to help you get your life back on track.
Contact our law firm to speak with an experienced car accident attorney in Rockland, MA. We’ll give you an unbiased assessment of your claim and inform you about your legal options for seeking compensation. As your representative, you can count on us to build a thorough, effective case and fight for your rights.
Frequently Asked Questions
The most important thing to do immediately after an accident is to get to safety and call first responders. File a report with the police, get preliminary medical treatment, and seek out further treatment if needed. Be sure to get the other driver’s insurance information and license plate number. It’s also best to document the scene of the accident and the involved vehicles with photos and video if you can. Afterward, contact a Rockland car accident lawyer as soon as possible to open a case.
Auto accident compensation comes in many forms, including payment for medical bills, lost wages, continuing medical treatment, loss of consortium, pain and suffering, property damage, and even funeral expenses when it is unfortunately necessary. Talk to a car accident attorney about your case to determine what kinds of compensation you can seek.
Even if you are partially at fault for your accident, you may still be entitled to compensation. It is especially important to secure representation from an experienced lawyer in cases like these.
There are several types of motor vehicle accidents, each with its own unique characteristics. Here are some of the most common types:
- Rear-End Collisions – Occur when one vehicle hits another from behind. These accidents typically result in damage to the rear end of the vehicle that was hit.
- Side-Impact Collisions – Occur when one vehicle hits another on the side. These accidents can be very dangerous, especially if the vehicle is hit on the driver’s side.
- Head-On Collisions – Occur when two vehicles collide head-on. They are often the most severe type of accident and can result in serious injuries or fatalities.
- Single-Vehicle Accidents – Involve only one vehicle and can occur for a variety of reasons, such as losing control of the vehicle, hitting an object, or rolling over.
- Rollover Accidents – Occur when a vehicle flips over onto its side or roof. They are often caused by speed, sharp turns, or hitting a curb or other object.
- Multiple-Vehicle Accidents – Also known as pileups or chain-reaction accidents, these accidents involve multiple vehicles and often occur on highways or freeways.
- Hit-and-Run Accidents – Occur when a driver hits another vehicle and leaves the scene without stopping to exchange information or provide assistance.
According to various studies and reports, some of the common causes of car accidents in Massachusetts are:
- Distracted Driving
- Impaired Driving
- Reckless Driving
- Poor Weather Conditions
- Driver Fatigue
- Vehicle Malfunction
It is important to note that these are just some of the common causes of car crashes in Massachusetts, and there may be other factors involved in each individual case. By being aware of these common causes, drivers can take steps to minimize their risk of accidents and help keep the roads safer for everyone.