Rockland Truck Accident Lawyer
The size of commercial trucks makes them especially dangerous on the road. When you’ve been involved in a collision with one of these vehicles, turn to Gilbert Law Offices, P.C. for the legal advocacy you need to collect the compensation you’re due.
Contact us today to speak with a reputable truck accident attorney in Rockland, MA, about your case. During your free initial consultation, we’ll review the details of your incident, explain your legal options, and demonstrate why we’re the right choice to be your advocate.
Frequently Asked Questions
Your first priority after a truck accident should be getting to a safe location and calling first responders. Seek medical attention as needed and file a police report even if the damages seem minor. Shoot pictures of the vehicles and accident site for your insurance claim. If possible, collect contact information from witnesses. Finally, contact a Rockland truck accident lawyer to open a case as soon as possible.
Depending on your case, you may be compensated for medical expenses (including past and future treatments), vehicle repairs, lost wages, pain and suffering, death benefits, and other damages. Discuss your accident with our attorneys to explore the possibilities for your case.
The value of truck accident cases varies too widely to give an estimate. Request a consultation with our truck accident attorneys to get an estimate based on your particular case.
Even if you are partly at fault, you may be able to collect compensation for damages. In these circumstances, it is especially important to work with an experienced Rockland truck accident lawyer who can give you the best possible chance of a positive outcome.
Truck crashes can be particularly dangerous due to the size and weight of commercial trucks, which can cause significant damage and injuries in the event of an accident. In Massachusetts, several factors contribute to big rig accidents, including:
- Distracted Driving – Like car accidents, distracted driving is a common cause of truck accidents in Massachusetts. Distractions such as cell phone use, eating, or adjusting the radio can cause truck drivers to take their eyes off the road, increasing the risk of accidents.
- Driver Fatigue – Due to long hours on the road, truck drivers are at increased risk of driver fatigue, which can impair their ability to react quickly and make good decisions on the road.
- Improper Loading – Improperly loaded cargo can shift in the truck during transit, causing the truck to become unbalanced and potentially leading to an accident.
- Poor Maintenance – Trucks that are not properly maintained can experience mechanical failures such as brake failures or tire blowouts, which can lead to accidents.
- Speeding – Like car accidents, speeding is also a significant cause of truck accidents in Massachusetts. Speeding reduces reaction time and makes it more difficult to control the vehicle in an emergency.
- Poor Weather Conditions – Massachusetts experiences a variety of weather conditions throughout the year, including snow, sleet, and rain, which can make driving hazardous and increase the risk of accidents.
- Driver Error – Truck crashes can also occur due to driver errors, such as misjudging distance or failing to check blind spots before changing lanes.